KnightLife

Filed under Features

Big Sis, Little Sis

Colorful posters. Tons of candy. Buckets full of goodies. Tiaras. All of these and more filled the hall of first building on the morning of Big Sis, Lil Sis lunch. A few days prior, each freshman girl was paired up with a senior girl, and each senior was given a questionnaire that the freshman girls filled out with information such as their favorite food, color, Starbucks drink, hobbies, and more. On the day of the lunch, every senior girl brought her Lil Sis’ bucket of treats and met up with their freshman to give them everything. Angelina Hererra ‘19 said it felt “weird to be on the other side, to be the old, responsible ones when we don’t really know what we’re doing either.” I was also pretty nervous about what my Lil Sis would think of me or if we would have similar interests. The lunch itself was also very fun, especially because I got to eat with my friends and their freshmen. My friends and I chose to have a potluck-style lunch, where every person brings some food or snacks that everybody can share. This ended up being a great idea, because it meant there was something for everyone. During this extended lunch, we all talked and got to know all of the freshmen. We were even able to give them advice about life at Bishop as well as for certain tough classes. As a freshman, I was very thankful for advice like this as well as for the chance to have a senior friend for a day, so getting to do the same for another freshman was very fun and rewarding.